Presentations of the SuperMethanol workshop in Brussels (24-12-2011)In the frame of the SUPERMETHANOL, GLYFINERY and PROPANERGY glycerol research projects a workshop was held at the NH Atlanta Hotel in Brussels. The symposium brought together some 55 interested industry and research partners from across Europe to learn about the results and findings of the three sister research projects. In addition, invited speakers from industry and beyond informed the audience further about glycerol as co-product of biodiesel production, glycerol as feedstock for bio-methanol production, novel routes to glycerol alkyl ethers and the wider perspectives for biofuel production.
In four sessions a dozen or so presentations were given, covering a range of topics. You can download the presentations below.
- Joost van Bennekom - University of Groningen - The production of methanol from glycerol-derived syngas
- Robbie Venderbosch – BTG - Main observations and highlights from the SUPERMETHANOL project
- Mhairi Workman - Technical University of Denmark - Sustainable and integrated production of liquid biofuels, green chemicals and bioenergy from glycerol in biorefineries
- Maria Müller-Lindenlauf, - IFEU - Life cycle assessment of green chemicals and bioenergy from glycerol in biorefineries
- Jacob Birke Reves - Biogasol ApS - Economic assessment workshop
- An-Ping Zeng - Hamburg University of Technology - Integrated bioconversion of glycerine into value-added products and biogas at pilot plant scale
- Thomas Kaeding - Agraferm Technologies - Microbial production of 1,3-propanediol from mini-plant to pilot plant scale
- Wim De Greyt - Desmet Ballestra Group - Introduction on glycerol as co-product of biodiesel production
- Roger Blokland - BioMCN - Industrial scale bio-methanol production from glycerine
- Pieter Bruijnincx - University Utrecht - Novel routes to glycerol alkyl ethers by telomerization and etherification of crude glycerol
- Morten Harmsen - Novozymes AS - Wider perspectives for biofuel production and future possibilities
- José Ruiz-Espí and Virginie Rimbert - DG Research and Innovation - Recent and future developments of the European Industrial Bioenergy Initiative
All news items